Woman attacked on Twitter for saying she doesn't want children

And if any proof was needed about the stigma faced by women who decide they don't want children, this article was just published on the BBC website from a woman who featured in an article I mentioned yesterday on the blog.  The social disapproval on women who make this choice make it more difficult for women who are struggling with the decision of whether to have children or not.

"I am used to trolling as I run a women's tech website but even I was affected this time because it was so vitriolic, so personal and nasty, and so specific about me and my professional life - not even about the issue of having children which I had been writing about." - Holly Brockwell

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34916433?

Comments

Popular Posts